Preparing the Philippines to effectively respond to natural disasters through the use of technology as the theme of the first-ever Hackzilla in Manila
’s inter-collegiate hackathon, students will be challenged to build mobile applications, websites, and various other technological solutions that will concentrate on alleviating the harmful impact of natural calamities. Hackzilla in Manila
will happen from July 22 to 23, 2016 at Ecotower, Bonifacio Global CityTaguig. Finalist will be selected beforehand.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a CHED-accredited school;
- Each group can have a maximum of five (5) members. (Group members do not necessarily have to come from the same school.)
- Groups looking to join the competition will have to submit via the Sign Up form at http://www.hackzilla.io/sign-up/ the following details:
- A brief write up providing the profile of the team members including Github (or similar) references showing capability through past projects;
- A short 2-minute video, uploaded on YouTube, outlining their hackathon pitch in line with the event theme.
- A maximum of 12 teams will be selected by the organizing committee, consisting of com senior engineers and staff, to compete in the event; 3 alternate teams will also be identified in case some of the selected teams decide to pull out of the event
- Deadline for submission of entries will be on July 8, 2016.
- Selected and alternate teams will be notified via email on July 15, 2016.
- Competing teams should be present on July 22 at the com office, 30th floor, Ecotower, 32nd cor 9th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
The winning team will be announced on July 23, with the finalists’ entries judged by representatives from Freelancer.com
and its partner organizations.
To know more, visit: www.hackzilla.io
For more information, please contact:
Evan Tan Regional Director (Communications), Southeast Asia
Tel +63 908 882 8519
Want to get updated with these type of events? Subscribe at Yuneoh.com and go to Hobbies and Games District
and always be update with gaming or programming events.
# Eventurer # NowYouKnow #GoExperience