National Banana day is coming on April 18th!
Banana is a popular fruit globally because of its soft and sweet texture and it is found to have almost all of health benefits. This can be eat as a meal and can be include in any meal. It is also eat by all sort of people irrespective of young or old, and with or without tooth. It is also the most widely consumed fruit with almost 100 billion are eaten every year all over the world.
Facts About Banana
- Its scientific name for banana is ‘musa sapientum’ which translates as ‘fruit of the wise man’
- Banana comes from the Arabic word “banan”, meaning finger
- Its banana plant is not a tree, it is the world’s largest herb
- “trunk” of a banana plant is not made of wood, it is made of tightly overlapping leaves.
- Bananas could help you to feel happier, as they contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to promote relaxation and improve mood
- The inside of a banana skin can be use to calm an itchy mosquito bite – many people find that rubbing the bite with the skin helps to reduce irritation
- The inside of a banana skin can be use to polish shoes!
Bananas are high in fiber and potassium. These properties can help prevent calcium loss, ulcers, high blood pressure, and certain kinds of cancer. This are often picture as growing on trees, the banana “tree” is actually an herb. The banana is the fruit of this herb.
Different Ways To Cook Bananas
Here are some example of what you can do in banana, you can make your own banana recipe to celebrate the National Banana Day !!!
How To Celebrate
To celebrate Banana Day, grab a bunch of bananas to share with family and friends. Fry them, grill them, add them to a s’more, or just enjoy them plain. Have fun!