Crawl and squirm with joy as we welcome the National Gummy Worm Day. Bet you didn’t see that one coming. Turns out there’s an entire day devoted to these sweet creepy-crawlers. These creepy treats are one of the best-selling candy’s of all time. So, grab yourself a bag of gummy worms and share it with your gummy mates.
Photo source: freepik.com
Stretchy, Stringy, Delicious Treats
How do you fish for people with sweet tooth? If your guess is using the gummy worm as bait, you’re in the right place with the right sense of humor. Gummy candies have been around for as long as we know. People usually have different ideas on how to munch them. But honestly, we’re happy to have them right out of the bag. Indulge yourself to a trip to the supermarket and go on a “eat all you can” gummy worm buffet with friends and family.
Facts About Gummi Worms
We gathered some cool facts and trivias about our all time favorite. Check them out while you chomp on your wormies.
- The gummy candy concept apparently originated in 1922 by a German candy maker.
- Gummy candy superstar “Trolli” was the first to develop the gummy worm. It happened in the early 1980s.
- Trolli’s idea was built on traditional American marketing values: making something gross enough looking to shock parents and simultaneously attract children. Surely, this idea is a total hit.
- Most gummy worms are a combination of 2-3 flavors, each with a different color. Some of the most common combos include red/orange, red/white, green/yellow and blue/red
- Trolli Gummy Worms has five flavors: orange (orange), cherry (red), lime (green), lemon (yellow), and apple (colorless).
- The word “gummy” comes from the German word “gummi”, which means rubber
World’s Largest Wormy
The World’s Largest Gummy Worm is 128 times more massive than a traditional gummy worm. Measuring twenty-six inches long and weighing in at approximately 3 pounds, the World’s Largest Gummy Worm is the most delicious 4,000-calorie candy worm in existence.
Each World’s Largest Gummy Worm features dual flavors, a ribbed body, and a five inch girth. It makes an amazing gift for now or later due to its year-long shelf life. Handmade in the USA. Available in seven flavor combinations. It is also available in sour flavor for a little twist. What are you waiting for? buy now and get into the gummy theme.