If you have been procrastinating on fulfilling your dream, this is your chance to get things right. It’s Make Your Dreams Come True Day today!
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
Dreams are a part of life. We all dream when we sleep, but most of us don’t remember them the next day. There are also dreams that sometimes we forget as we age. No matter how big or small, there are some dreams that inspire us and allow us to make our lives better. It is these dreams that Make your Dreams Come True Day celebrates. Dreams that motivate us to do better, encourage us to take on more challenges, and energize us to succeed in our lives – professionally and personally.
How to make your dreams come true, according to experts
- “I purposely kept moving,” she says, “I zig-zagged up and down and sideways. Those who’ve served in multiple roles in their company and industry will always be a step ahead.It’s important not to rush into your desired executive role. You have to gain mastery and take the longer view.” – Jacqueline Hinman, CEO of Fortune 500 in an interview with Entrepreneur
- “Self-awareness helps you make the right decisions.” – Bill Warren, former president of Monster.com and CEO of Direct Employers Association in an interview with Entrepreneur
- “Sometimes when I’m mentoring people, I’ll say, ‘What’s your biggest dream?’ and it will be something small and I’ll say: ‘Dream bigger. Just give yourself the ability to say, “I want something bigger,” because who cares if you fail? Truly, who cares? So dream bigger because no one else is going to do it for you.” – Alexa von Tobel of LearnVest in an interview with The Muse
- “If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. That’s my favorite thing to tell them. What’s the harm in asking? What’s the worst that’s going to happen? Just ask—that’s been the story of my life.” – Angus Davis of Swipely in an interview with The Muse
- “Find a way to say yes to things. Say yes to invitations to a new country, say yes to meet new friends, say yes to learn something new. Yes is how you get your first job, and your next job, and your spouse, and even your kids.” – Eric Schmidt of Google in an interview with Katie Couric in her book “The Best Advice I’ve Ever Got”
How to celebrate Make Your Dream Come True Day
A celebration of dreams is one of the most uncommon celebration today. Why uncommon? It is because it’s people’s nature to celebrate milestones or those dreams already realized. Starting today, make it a practice to recognize your dreams even if you’re still in a process of fulfilling it.
So what’s the best way to celebrate it? Encourage your group of friends to make an inspiration board with images and words relating to your dream. Through that you will be more motivated and inspired to work towards your dreams.
Take a picture of your inspiration board and upload it to social media with the hashtags #IAmAnEventurer #MakeYourDreamComeTrueDay. You can also say some inspiring words and encourage your internet friends to do the same to spread the word.
It will be very inspiring to see news feeds and timelines full of those boards.