If you like rogue likes or Mega Man, 20XX is for you
Release Date: 07/10/2018
Genre: Action / Platformer
Introducing 20XX; The one for you
Batterystaple Games and Fire Hose Games must think that Mega Man X is the best Mega Man game, because their 20xx is an obvious tribute. 20XX perfectly recreates the feeling of Mega Man X. Especially they generously added all the procedural elements (scheduled challenges, permadeath, a progression system, loot) that players want out of an old-fashioned game these days.This is totally exciting. You better watch out of the release date. The game will surely pin you to your consoles and you will never want to leave.
About The Game
Inspired by Mega Man X, players must shoot or slash enemies and complete difficult platforming challenges to finish a stage. The twist is that these stages are randomly base on level segments, or “chunks”. While also allow for both local and online co-op. Rather than giving you several lives, the game has permadeath, but is a “roguelite”. This means that you can use Soul Chips earned during the level. It’s used to unlock new types of passive upgrades to buy, and gain upgrades for the next attempt of that particular run.
During levels players can use bolts gained as currency to buy passive upgrades, or to gain back health or energy in vending machines. They can also find upgrades in treasure chests and other places. Upon beating a boss the player can choose to take their power as a reward, granting them a new special ability, or take a reward of bolts or a random passive upgrade instead.
The game follows Nina, an armored girl armed with a power blaster, and Ace, an armored boy who has an energy sword, in the aftermath of a robotic uprising. Traveling from their base on the Ark, a space station orbiting the Earth, they have been hired to clear dangerous locations that are infested with robots that have run amok.
Photo source: IGG Games
- Crisp, precise controls – do exactly what you want your character to!
- Over 100 mighty powerups to collect!
- Tons of different play modes and optional difficulty modifiers!
- Seeded Daily and Weekly Challenges!
- All gameplay features available in both single player and co-op
- Random levels: Each time you play 20XX, the stages you play through will be brand new!
- Permanent death: Each 20XX playthrough is a self-contained life! Death sends you back to HQ, where you can buy powerful upgrades for future runs. (There’s also a Reverent Mode where you get three lives to make it through the game instead of one.)
- Persistent Upgrades: As you play 20XX, you’ll earn Soul Chips, which unlock powerful Permanent Upgrades and expand the pool of items that can you can find as you play!