Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it’s Supermom!
Being a mom is a tough job. Don’t we know it! But that doesn’t mean that you should stop pursuing your entrepreneurial dreams. We, women, are tough, strong, confident! We can make our dreams come true while raising a family. This May 20 (a week after Mother’s Day), as a Mother’s Day tribute to all of you, Globe My Business and Manila Workshops, is holding this special workshop entitled Boss Bellas: Mompreneurship 101 – How to Pursue Your Entrepreneurial Goals.
They will help 40 women build stronger businesses. They will go through some of the concerns that moms face in sustaining a business. They will have Frances Sales of TopazHorizon.com as the main speaker and have Ginger Arboleda of Manila Workshops & Taxumo, Lique Dimayuga of LD Design and Creative Pursuits and Monique Granada-Morales of Klaseko as special guests.
They will be having special gifts and surprises from some brand sponsor like Alfox Printing, Cheri Handicrafts and Raw Bites!
Frances Amper Sales is a writer and editor. She has been writing professionally for 16 years, contributing to top lifestyle magazines Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, Preview, and more. She was the editor in chief of OK! magazine and was market editor for BABY Magazine. She left the publishing world to blog professionally, putting up a writing services business that creates editorial and marketing content for brands. Frances still writes—she has a column for motherhood website Juana.com.ph, and blogs at TopazHorizon.com. Her parenting blog has put her on Female Network’s Amazing Filipinas list in the Most Influential Women category, and on Asian Parent’s list of Empowering Moms We Love.
Ginger Arboleda (CEO of Manila Workshops and COO of Taxumo)
Ginger Arboleda is a serial entrepreneur with businesses that revolve around the mission of helping entrepreneurs start their own businesses and helping them sustain it. Ginger has her own blog named Mommy Ginger and is a regular speaker for various events where she talks about entrepreneurship, women empowerment, marketing, social media and even motherhood!
Monique Granada – Morales (CEO of Klaseko)
Monique was formerly the Editor-in-Chief for Swim Philippines Magazine. Prior to the publlication, she spent her career as Managing Director of Litespeed Events and Food Business Operator and Franchise Owner of Jamaican Beef Pastries.
She graduated with a Marketing and Advertising degree from the Asia Pacific College, thereafter studied at the UA&P for an MA in Applied Business Economics.
Along with fellow visionaries, she co-founded Klaseko where she is presently CEO.
Angelica Dimayuga (Founder of LD Design)
Angelica Dimayuga, or Lique, is homemaker, stay-at-home-mom-of-2, and a freelance brand and graphic designer at liquedimayuga.com. She provides logo and branding services, and other graphic and creative design services. She also works as a freelance contractor in Upwork.
Registration – 9:00 am
Welcome Remarks c/o Ginger Arboleda – 9:30 to 9:40 AM
- Turning Your Hobby Into a Business – 9:40 AM to 10:00 AM – Passion without purpose is empty. Learn why you need goals to sustain your new business – Group talk: Participants share their businesses and goals
- Building the Brand and the Hype – 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM – What you offer vs what makes you unique – Finding your audience and getting their loyalty – Using platforms wisely to promote your business – Group talk: Participants share the tools they’re using to market their brand
- Taxation 10:30 AM to 10:50 AM
– Why a registered business helps you
– What are the Taxes that we need to pay
- Juggling Business and Family – 10:50 AM to 11:30 AM
– How to plot a balanced calendar – Getting rid of mommy guilt – Group talk: Participants talk about their issues as working moms and share ways they manage their time
- How Globe My Business Can Help Mompreneurs – 11:30 AM to 11:45 NN
- Panel discussion – 11:45 PM to 12:15 PM
Closing Remarks – 12:15 to 12:30 PM
What can you say about this post Mother’s Day event? Check out Lancaster Hotel Mother’s Day Promo for amazing staycation to your mom! Keep posted at YuneOh for more!